Mercury Determinations for Online Waste Water Applications - PSA 10.226 Online Mercury System
Oct 27 2021
P S Analytical is delighted to showcase our new developments around trace metal monitoring, particularly for the toxic mercury (Hg), arsenic (As) and selenium (Se) elements in wastewater streams.
We are excited to bring some real game changing analysers to this application area with our new third generation, online systems for wastewater streams.
Detection performance and lack of interferences have always been forefront in our design approach. This continues with this instrument release, which also benefits from syringe-based reagent delivery and employs a gold amalgamation trap as an integral part the detector.
Moving away from the continuous flowing reagent streams, to a discrete approach has 2 main advantages;
- 1. Reagent consumption and running cost is significantly reduced
- 2. Chemical reactions proceed to completion mitigating any sample matrix effects and ensuring best possible limits of detection
The inclusion of the gold amalgamation trap in the detector also provides;
- 1. Improved sensitivity as the gold trap acts as a Hg Pre-concentrator
- 2. Automated removal of any sample matrix interference for improved performance
- Employ Atomic fluorescence Spectroscopy for ultimate low-level detection capability
- Perform on-board sample handling such as UV oxidative heating and cooling
- Use a fraction of reactions compared to flowing reagent systems (typically <5ml per sample)
- Perform fully automated calibration and QC with alarm output options for out of range data
- Allow analysis from multiple sample streams including “grab” samples
Application areas for this product are broad and include waste water streams from municipal and industrial activity. For an example ultra-low online determination of these elements from coal fired power station waste water click here for more information.
In addition to these new online waste water systems we offer a range of laboratory analysers, based on the same award-winning atomic fluorescence technology for ultimate detection performance for these elements including the analysis of different element oxidation states.
Should any of these topics be of further interest please contact PSA by filling out our Information Request page or by reply to me
So, whether your application is a simple drinking water laboratory-based analysis or a more complex online application we’d love to hear you. We are here to help.
PSA has regional offices in the UK, USA and Asia and with literally thousands of systems in the field today, and supporting networks in Europe, USA and SE Asia, PSA offers the ideal package of performance, reliability and support.
In This Edition Business News - Crowcon enters the air quality market - Satellites collect carbon emissions data - How we measure the effects of methane matters for climate policy Water...
View all digital editions
May 23 2022 Nashville, TN, 2022
May 23 2022 Manchester, UK
May 25 2022 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
May 30 2022 Digital event
May 30 2022 Munich, Germany