Ammonia Fears and Ice-rink Shut-downs addressed by Gas Detection Technology
Feb 14 2018
The Scottish town of Airdrie's twin ice rink arenas at Genesis Place were evacuated and closed recently due to a detected ammonia leak. For several hours, figure skaters, hockey players, parents, and employees were prevented from entering the building to ensure the ammonia in the air had been addressed before re-opening to the public.
This scare comes on the heels of the deadly ammonia leak in Fernie, British Columbia, Canada last October in which 3 people lost their lives
Blackline Safety came to market in 2016 with the world's only safety device with interchangeable and configurable gas detection cartridges to allow customers to detect for oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide and/or explosive gases. In 2017, the company added ammonia sensor capabilities, to provide municipalities, chemical companies and industry with gas exposure data collection, information-sharing and visibility on concentration levels of gases as they collect in real-time and before they necessitate an evacuation.
In This Edition Buyers Guide - This Buyers’ guide lists many of the major producers of analytical equipment who wish to introduce and sell their products to buyers in science and industry....
View all digital editions
Feb 01 2023 Tokyo, Japan
Feb 08 2023 Nantes, France
Feb 13 2023 Bahrain
Feb 14 2023 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Feb 14 2023 San Diego, CA, USA