Infrared Sensor for Refrigerant Gas Leak detection
Aug 10 2021
If your application requires a long term, robust solution for the detection of refrigerant gases leakage like R290, R32 and R600. Then SGX Sensortech would always recommend infrared gas detection technology. Infra-red sensors are extremely robust to environmental contamination and mechanically strong. Especially in difficult applications where there are repeatable poisons and wet conditions, catalytic sensors and Metal Oxide Semiconductor sensors are not compatible. In some applications infrared sensors can develop condensation inside the optical cavity when powered down, then when re-powered the condensation can put the infrared sensor into a latched false alarm state. The choice of gas sensor technology utilised has often depended on a compromise between cost and reliability. SGX INIR infrared sensors are designed to offer excellent reliability even within wet condensation applications like Refrigeration plants.
The INIR infrared sensor range from SGX Sensortech provides instrument manufacturers and instrument users with not only a full linearized, temperature compensated output but also with additional condensation compensation. The hardware and firmware within the sensor detect the occurrence of condensation and reduce power up false alarms within wet applications and at the same time allowing trouble free gas detection within the wet application. Why would you compromise and accept a lower performing infrared gas sensor, choose SGX INIR infrared gas sensors.
The SGX Sensortech - INIR infrared gas sensors offer key benefits:-
- Factory calibrated for Propane, Methane or Carbon dioxide
- Superior resistance to humidity and condensation - the sensor is fitted with novel hardware and firmware to detect and compensate for optical occlusion from condensation.
- Mechanical robustness - the INIR range uses a unique shock mounted infrared source which means that it is very resistant to mechanical shocks and vibration.
- Simple usage - the SGX Sensortech INIR infrared sensors are supplied with calibrated auto ranging digital and analogue temperature compensated outputs.
- Bus connectivity - Each sensor has a unique addressable code, when connected up to a multisensory bus enabling the user to communicate and interrogate individual sensors to allow individual gas zone monitoring.
- Gas versions - Propane, Methane and Carbon dioxide
- Low operating power - the INIR series when operated constantly offers an average power consumption < 120mW
If you are a designer and manufacturer of either portable or stationary gas detection instrumentation, the SGX Sensortech INIR infrared sensors can provide you with a product fully capable of meeting your customers sensing needs. Whether you are looking to design smaller instruments, increase operating run time or reduce overall cost of ownership, it is available in industry standard package, provided with full safety certification. If you would like to learn more about the revolutionary technology included in the SGX Sensortech INIR infrared sensors or wish to see for yourself the performance you can achieve, then please contact one of our knowledgeable sales team or our network of local distributors for more information or samples for evaluation.
In This Edition Business News - Blackline Safety appoints first Chief Marketing Officer - Australia-UK partnership for ambient air monitoring - Endress + Hauser awarded rating for sustainab...
View all digital editions
Sep 23 2021 Dhaka, Bangladesh
Sep 27 2021 Beijing, China
Sep 27 2021 Dalian, China
Sep 28 2021 Digital event
Sep 29 2021 Online event