Experts Discuss: Can the UK Water Industry Get to Net Zero by 2030?
Oct 02 2023
At ILM's Water, Wastewater and Environmental Monitoring (WWEM) event, Penille Ingildsen of Hillerød Utility, Mikkel Holmen Anderson of Unisense Environment, Pete Vale of Severn Trent, Stephen Palmer of Stantec, Dr. Mehdi Koury from the Universe of Exeter and Andy Thornton PhD of Hach talked to Oliver Grievson about the many challenges facing the water industry in its transition to net zero emissions. To watch the full discussion, click here.
- What one thing needs to be done to get the water industry to Net Zero?
- Importance of modelling exergy and externalities
- Should the UK adopt a 'production factory' approach?
- Recovering refined metals from wastewater sludges
- Understanding the difference between big and small works
- Should we prioritise low intensity natural solutions for small works?
- Do we need more nitrous oxide and methane control?
- What about ammonia?
- Getting a holistic view
If you're interested in attending the next WWEM in 2024, click here to find out more about the event.
In This Edition STA Annual Guide - Read it Here Water/Wastewater - Continuous remote water quality monitoring networks Environmental Laboratory - The Important Role of ICP-MS in Unde...
View all digital editions
Dec 12 2023 Nuremberg, Germany
Jan 17 2024 New Delhi, India
Jan 22 2024 Port of Spain, Trinidad
Jan 23 2024 Manchester, UK
Jan 24 2024 Nantes, France