Introducing The Inficon IRwin – The Ideal Instrument for Methane Detection
Nov 30 2017 Read 1678 Times
Developed and manufactured by Inficon, the IRwin® is a portable, intrinsically safe methane specific gas detector with additional capability for LEL, oxygen and toxic gas measurements.
The IRwin from Ashtead Technology is a brand new to the UK market and can be used for a number of applications including natural gas network surveys, landfill surface emissions analysis and leak detection.
Five key features of the Inficon IRwin:
1. “A lot of bang for your buck” – the Inficon IRwin offers a significant amount of functionality but is much more reasonably priced than comparable units. This gives you access to the appropriate technology without requiring excessive costs.
2. Measures multiple gases – the Inficon is cable of measuring Methane, Carbon Dioxide, Ethane, Propane, Butane, Carbon Monoxide, Oxygen and Hydrogen Sulphide. This gives a lot of flexibility for different application requirements.
3. Distinction between natural gases and marsh gases – the Inficon IRwin can differentiate between methane (marsh gas) & ethane (natural gas). This ensures you’re accurately identifying methane / ethane and subsequently putting the relevant controls in place.
4. Full GPS tracking on all data points – the Inficon IRwin has built in GPS tracking, allowing you to easily assign locations to all of your data readings. This gives full traceability for any reporting and allows you to quickly identify and revert back to problem areas.
5. No need to carry hydrogen – the Inficon IRwin utilises an advanced Infrared Sensor meaning there’s no need to need to carry a hydrogen cylinder. This removes any logistic / health & safety restrictions.
The Inficon IRwin has been in our rental fleet for a few months now and has proven incredibly popular because of the above points. Many customers have moved away from traditional FID units as a result, removing the logistical and health and safety issues associated with carrying and refilling gas cylinders. The IRwin is also highly accurate (the measurement range is 1ppm to 100% CH4) whilst being easy to use and flexible to support varying gas monitoring requirements.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Business News - Geotech appoints new territory manager for APAC region - DURAG Group acquire AP2E - Eco Expo Asia - Asia’s trusted trade fair for the green industry Gas...
View all digital editions
Sep 19 2018 Budva, Montenegro
Sep 19 2018 Shanghai, China
Sep 24 2018 Chicago, IL, USA
Sep 24 2018 Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Sep 25 2018 Jonkoping, Sweden