Watch an Environment Agency Expert Break Down Legislation and BREF Requirements for Mercury in Waste Incineration
Mar 25 2023
At ILM's Air Quality and Emissions (AQE) event, Ben Freeman of the Environment Agency spoke about the development of the protocol for determining the need for continuous mercury monitoring in waste incineration, touching on: the details of the new BREF requirements; the consequences of non-compliance; and which plants are subject to these requirements. Click here to watch Ben's lecture.
Other topics include:
- When will the protocol outlined in the 2019 BAT conclusions for waste incineration come into effect and who will be impacted?
- What if your plant does not require mercury CEMs?
- Will municipal waste incinerators be subject to BREF requirements?
- What allowances are given if a plant cannot initially prove compliance?
- After proving compliance, how will continued performance be monitored?
- What is the threshold for compliance with new mercury BREF requirements?
- How do you monitor mercury in waste incinerators according to BREF requirements?
- How effective is this protocol when compared to a general requirement to fit mercury CEMs?
If you're interested in attending the next AQE, follow the link to find out more about the event: https://www.ilmexhibitions.com/aqeshow/
Asian Environmental Technology 27.2 - April/May 2023
In This Edition Business News - Celebrating The Life Of A Gas Measurement Industry Icon - A New Home For Gas Sensor Specialists - Envea Completes The Acquisition Of Hycontrol Ltd Environ...
View all digital editions
Jun 07 2023 Nanjing, China
Jun 07 2023 El Jadida, Morocco
Jun 07 2023 Strasbourg, France
Jun 07 2023 Seoul, South Korea
Jun 11 2023 Toronto, Canada