INIR2 - the new generation of SGX digital IR sensors is coming!
Nov 09 2021
SGX Sensortech is consecutively working towards providing better performing, more affordable sensors for industrial applications. This time we want to announce the second generation of our digital infrared range of sensors - the INIR2, which will be available early next year.
What we've changed?
Our main focus has been put on improving the performance and extending range of applications in which our sensor could be used. This is why we have redesigned internal construction of the sensor to improve gas response and sensor stability, by making use of the latest technologies available on the market both in terms of IC’s and detectors used.
The new microcontroller platform comes with 4x the internal memory - making it ready for functionality modifications and protocol extensions, tailored for specific customer requirements.
The new design meets the requirements of both Ex d and Ex ia type of certification (Ex ia IIC T4, Ex d IIC, Ex ia I Ma) allowing for an even broader spectrum of applications under harsh environmental conditions.
Previously we have presented our proposal for a long-term, robust solution for leak detection of refrigerant gases such as R290, R32 and R600. During development of the new generation of INIR we have made sure that we will be able to provide solutions for refrigerant gases, but additionally we have prepared a special version of sensor designed for detection of up to 100% CO2 by volume.
The SGX Sensortech – INIR2 infrared gas sensors offer key benefits:
- Factory calibrated (for a single gas) for Propane, Butane, Methane, Carbon dioxide (two versions 0-5% and 0-100%) or R32.
- Superior resistance to humidity and condensation - the sensor is fitted with novel hardware and firmware to detect and compensate for optical occlusion from condensation.
- Mechanical robustness - the INIR2 range uses a unique better shock mounted infrared source which means that it is very resistant to mechanical shocks and vibration.
- Simple usage - the SGX Sensortech INIR2 infrared sensors are supplied with calibrated auto ranging digital and analogue compensated outputs.
- Temperature range: -40°C to 75°C
- New microcontroller platform with larger internal uC memory - memory has been quadrupled from the first generation, making it ready for protocol modifications and enhancements.
- More internal memory – easier adjustment to specific customer requirements.
- Bus connectivity - Each sensor has a unique addressable code, when connected up to a multisensory bus enabling the user to communicate and interrogate individual sensors to allow individual gas zone monitoring.
- Even more application possibilities - Our second generation of sensors has been certified (Ex ia IIC T4, Ex d IIC, Ex ia I Ma) so that our products can be used in larger number of applications.
- Available in two power supply polarity versions.
- Low operating power - the INIR2 series when operated constantly offers an average power consumption < 120mW
- Backwards compatible with INIR
For more information please visit our website.
In This Edition Business News - Crowcon enters the air quality market - Satellites collect carbon emissions data - How we measure the effects of methane matters for climate policy Water...
View all digital editions
May 23 2022 Nashville, TN, 2022
May 23 2022 Manchester, UK
May 25 2022 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
May 30 2022 Digital event
May 30 2022 Munich, Germany