International Environmental Technology Buyers Guide
Halma Announces Record Earnings and Strategy for Continued Expansion
Halma p.l.c. has announced record results with profits up 9% to £86m and revenue rising by 1% to £459m. The UK-based group - which includes companies such as Halma Water Management, Palintest, Radio-Tech and Tritech - has posted strong financials to raise shareholder dividends by 7%, the thirty-first consecutive year of increases greater than 5%. The company plans to augment its organic growth efforts through acquisition of complementary technology companies, as it has done for many years.
Halma’s subsidiaries operate in three main market sectors: Health and Analysis, Infrastructure Sensors, and Industrial Safety, creating shareholder value with consistent organic growth and sound acquisitions. Halma companies operate as independent entities under the day-to-day direction of their local management, while reaping the capital and network benefits of a larger multi-national parent.
The company is seeking successful and profitable companies that are closely allied to any of its current market sectors, although photonics, water, fluid technology and health optics are a particular focus. It has £100m earmarked for acquisitions. “In recent months we have increased our acquisition search activity,” said Allan Stamper, Chief Executive of the Water & Asset Monitoring Division. “Our experience has been that vendors of good quality businesses are now keener to talk but that many remain cautious about whether to sell now or to wait, in the hope that markets will recover in the medium term. Our task is to convince them that they will achieve even greater success by being part of Halma and to structure deals accordingly. We continue to search for businesses in all of our existing market sectors and in all geographic regions.”
- Understanding Carbon Dioxide Sensors and their Applications
- Gas Sensors used to Improve the Efficiency of “Green Energy Generation”
- Improve Site Safety and Save Money with a New Portable Monitor Philosophy
Health & Safety
- Measurements Matter in Wind Energy Production – DAQ systems for Wind Farms
- s::can Online UV/Vis Spectrometry for Event Detection Systems at Bratislava Waterworks
- Low-Maintenance Turbidimeter for Potable Water Applications
- Wastewater Treatment Optimisation Provides Cost Savings
- Digital DosingTM – Unique Solutions for Challenging Dosing Processes
- Continuous Measurement of Dust in Difficult Conditions
- Air Quality and Emissions Monitoring: What does best practice look like?
- The Benefits of Using MCERTS Approved Filter Leak CEMS
Diary of Events
View Digital Edition
Previous Digital Editions
In This Edition Business News - Alphasense celebrates 25 years of sensor technology development - Biral strengthens development team with new lead engineer - Fugro boosts laboratory capacit...
View all digital editions
Dec 13 2021 Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Dec 14 2021 Sydney, Australia
Dec 16 2021 Hyderabad, India
Jan 11 2022 Leeds, UK
Jan 13 2022 Kathmandu, Nepal