Customised Pump Systems for Liquid Filling and Transfer
Sep 07 2021
Control eight different pump processes at the same time?
Liquid filling machines are typically used to accurately fill multiple containers with a fixed amount of liquid at the same time, while Transfer pumps typically move larger volumes from one vessel to another or form part of a continuous application. Having multiple processes all functioning at the same time will require multiple pumping systems to accommodate these processes which can be a challenge if space and time are limited.
Combining multiple pump modules to independently operate and complete the entire production process from a single controller and to be able you to reconfigure the different stages would make life so much easier for the operator. Our Stack and Split pumps are modular such that when combined offer a complete unique and configurable system.
Whilst individual pump capability can achieve a fill volume in excess of 100 litres at flows up to 1000 LPH the multi-pump systems are aimed more towards highly accurate fill volumes of between 0.01ml and 9.99L and transfer flow rates up to 96L/min. Our large selection of peristaltic pumps have a wide range of flow rates that can easily be controlled and have repeatable dispensing accuracy achieved by precise speed control and calibration. The low shear and gentle pumping action ensures that biological substances will not be damaged during transfer. Because of the mechanical set-up, the fluid only comes into contact with the bore of the tubing thus eliminating the risk of contamination between the pump and fluids. A peristaltic pump together with the selection of the correct tubing can be used to transfer, dose or fill corrosive and/or abrasive fluids. In line with the variability of the applications, our Dispensing & Filling Systems can be configured between 2 to 32 peristaltic pump heads and incorporated into a customised system.
A summary of value that a customer can obtain from these technical features can be seen as :
- High precision filling and repeatability help to maximise productivity and profitability
- The elimination of a contamination risk during the filling process ensures that the pump does not contaminate the product, nor does the product contaminate the pump.
- The tubing can be changed simply thereby providing easy and fast product change with no cross-contamination.
- The low shear and gentle pumping action of peristaltic pumps eliminates product damage thereby increasing product integrity and overall yield.
- This gentle pumping action is ideal for semisolids, heterogeneous mixtures and for liquids with particles. The selection of tubing with increased abrasion resistance reduces the frequency of tube replacement – which in itself is quick and easy – with a corresponding decrease in down-time. The pump itself is not in contact with the media so maintenance and repair is eliminated.
- For the special products, special filling volume or special operational requirements, these dispensing and filling systems can be tailor-made to meet each customers’ needs.
Please contact us so that we may develop a fluid transfer system or component that meets all your technical requirements, on budget and on time. We are here to help.
In This Edition Water/Wastewater - Continuous remote water quality monitoring networks Environmental Laboratory - The Important Role of ICP-MS in Understanding the Toxicological Link Be...
View all digital editions
Feb 24 2024 San Diego, CA, USA
Feb 28 2024 Chennai, India
Feb 29 2024 Dhaka, Bangladesh
Feb 29 2024 Kathmandu, Nepal
Mar 04 2024 Mumbai, India