Industry Experts Discuss How We Measure Water Pollution
Mar 27 2023
At ILM's Water, Wastewater and Environmental Monitoring (WWEM) event, Jacqueline Diaz-Nieto, Ph.D. of Yorkshire Water, Rob Stevens of Proteus Instruments and Christine Colvin of The Rivers Trust explored all of the many challenges facing Britain's waterways and what's needed from the monitoring community. Click here to watch a recording of the forum.
Other topics include:
- How does Yorkshire Water use event duration monitors (EDMs) to study combined sewer overflows (CSOs), sewers, property gulleys and rising mains?
- What does the future hold for wastewater monitoring for utilities?
- How do we currently measure water quality in British waterways?
- How might monitors using tryptophan-like fluorescence (TLF) provide solution to measurement challenges?
- What sort of solutions to this pollution are endorsed by the Rivers Trust?
- Is self-reporting by water companies a viable system?
- What is the Catchment Systems Thinking Cooperative (CAST Co.)
- Does the new Environment Act require the monitoring of the right pollutants?
- What are the prospects of accessible, real-time pollution mapping?
- Should the UK return to a 'polluter pays' principle?
If you're interested in attending the next WWEM in 2024, follow the link to find out more about the event: https://www.ilmexhibitions.com/wwem/
Asian Environmental Technology 27.2 - April/May 2023
In This Edition Business News - Celebrating The Life Of A Gas Measurement Industry Icon - A New Home For Gas Sensor Specialists - Envea Completes The Acquisition Of Hycontrol Ltd Environ...
View all digital editions
Jun 07 2023 Nanjing, China
Jun 07 2023 El Jadida, Morocco
Jun 07 2023 Strasbourg, France
Jun 07 2023 Seoul, South Korea
Jun 11 2023 Toronto, Canada