sbh4 & NPL Gas and Particle Metrology Group VOC analysis for AAQ
In this 8 minute interview with Dave Worton, science area leader in the Gas Metrology Group at the NPL, Stephen Harrison raises some questions and topics concerning the air quality we all live in.
Listen now to get the answers to questions like;-
- What is the National Physical laboratory’s role in Environmental Science and Air Quality Monitoring?
- What is the role of the NPL in science and air quality?
- What chemical species do you deal with and focus on in your role?
- Do you deal with hydrocarbons and standards, ethane, propane for example, and what are the problems with VOCs being present in the air?
- What damage do low level atmospheric VOCs do to humans and the environment?
- What analysers do you use in the laboratory or in the field for measuring VOCs in ambient air quality?
- Do you use Mass Spec in the field?
- How do the environmental protocols differ in Europe verses the United states for VOCs?
These and much more in this fascinating interview.
Watch this session
This is a free OnDemand session
Dave Worton (NPL)
Manage and oversee all commercial and research activities within the Gas Metrology Group at NPL to develop and maintain capabilities to disseminate traceability for gas measurements related to climate, air quality, health, advanced manufacturing, energy trading and fuel quality.
Stephen B. Harrison (sbh4 GmbH)
Stephen B. Harrison is an independent consultant. An area of focus for his practice is gas analysers and their application in industrial processes and for environmental management. His experience in this sector has been built up through almost 20 years working with specialty gases at BOC Gases and Linde Gas. He provides M&A advisory due diligence support for investors in the sector and marketing & PR services for instrumentation OEMs.
In This Edition Business New - Acquisition to combine French expertise for moisture analysis in gas - ASTM International Water Committee developing proposed contaminate monitoring standard...
View all digital editions
Nov 30 2020 Virtual event
Dec 01 2020 Virtual event
Dec 01 2020 Dusseldorf, Germany
Dec 08 2020 Online event
Dec 08 2020 Virtual event