Water Industry Insider Discusses How the Environment Act Will Affect Monitoring
Apr 28 2023
Many years in the making, the Environment Act of 2021 came into full effect in 2022. As one of the most consequential pieces of legislation in recent years, there are very few sectors of the economy that will be unimpacted - but how, in particular, will the water industry be affected?
To answer this question and to discuss the state of British water monitoring in 2023, Graham Meller is joined by Wilfred Denga, Business Lead for the Bathing Rivers Programme at Severn Trent Water. Some of the topics include:
- How did Wilfred end up working on Severn Trent Water's bathing water projects?
- How does untreated sewage end up in British rivers?
- Is the situation getting worse?
- How and when will Severn Trent Water meet the Environment Act's requirements for monitoring upstream and downstream of discharge outlets?
- How will the data produced by these new monitoring networks be managed?
Click here to watch the full interview.
In This Edition Water/Wastewater - Method development of a segmented flow system for the analysis of Total Cyanide in drinking water and natural waters using an on-line UV digestion and amper...
View all digital editions
Oct 09 2023 Cape Town, South Africa
Oct 10 2023 Melbourne, Australia
Oct 10 2023 Galveston, TX, USA
Oct 10 2023 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Oct 10 2023 Hybrid event