Ammonia Fears and Ice-rink Shut-downs addressed by Gas Detection Technology
Feb 14 2018 Read 1316 Times
The Scottish town of Airdrie's twin ice rink arenas at Genesis Place were evacuated and closed recently due to a detected ammonia leak. For several hours, figure skaters, hockey players, parents, and employees were prevented from entering the building to ensure the ammonia in the air had been addressed before re-opening to the public.
This scare comes on the heels of the deadly ammonia leak in Fernie, British Columbia, Canada last October in which 3 people lost their lives
Blackline Safety came to market in 2016 with the world's only safety device with interchangeable and configurable gas detection cartridges to allow customers to detect for oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide and/or explosive gases. In 2017, the company added ammonia sensor capabilities, to provide municipalities, chemical companies and industry with gas exposure data collection, information-sharing and visibility on concentration levels of gases as they collect in real-time and before they necessitate an evacuation.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Business News - Gasmet Technologies acquires MonitoringSystems GmbH - Royal sponsorship for World Soil Museum - CDS Analytical acquires the rights to Empore™ products G...
View all digital editions
Jun 18 2019 London, UK
Jun 23 2019 Auckland, New Zealand
Jun 25 2019 Nuremberg, Germany
Jun 25 2019 Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Jun 25 2019 Quebec, QB, Canada