InterMET Asia and InterFLOOD Asia - International Exhibition & Conference, Singapore 11-12 April 2018
Mar 14 2018 Read 342 Times
InterMET Asia – now in its 5th successful year – is a unique marketplace bringing together the global weather and climate industry with those in the public and private sectors seeking to mitigate and manage the risks of extreme weather and climate change, and to understand the opportunities.
This year InterMET Asia will be accompanied by InterFLOOD Asia - South East Asia's first event dedicated to managing and mitigating the risks of potentially disastrous flooding. A platform dedicated to the technical, engineering and financial solutions needed to guard against potentially catastrophic consequences for life, business and the economy.
Both events are supported by the World Bank and the GFDRR (Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery) through a Co-operation Framework.
InterFLOOD Asia and InterMET Asia together provide end-to-end solutions
- InterFLOOD will focus on the innovations in thinking, funding, technology and design of critical infrastructure, systems and processes that are resilient and adaptable to extreme weather & climate change
- InterMET will focus on innovations in the use of hydrometeorology technology and data to forecast extreme weather hazards and in the development and implementation of impact early warning systems across all sectors and activities
All eyes focused on InterMET Asia and InterFLOOD Asia in Singapore - why?
- Population growth and rapid urbanisation could put 1.3 billion people and more than $150 trillion in assets at risk from river and coastal floods by 2050, with Asia as the most exposed region
- 2018 marks 'the Year of Climate Action - Singapore's commitment to the Paris Agreement on Climate Change'
- The recent opening of the WMO Regional Office in Singapore signals the importance of Singapore as a centre for Global Weather Enterprise in SE Asia and reinforces the growing influence of the activities associated with InterMET Asia
- A fast-growing market: as climate change continues to trigger more extreme weather events, NMHSs across the region are investing heavily in upgrading their weather prediction systems. The Asia-Pacific region currently constitutes more than 25% of the global weather business market
- Two international Exhibitions and Conferences in one place and highly relevant to the growing needs of Asia with 100+ key organisations participating
- World Bank-GFDRR Special Session on Public-Private Engagement, Tuesday 10 April. The focus of debate and discussion will be the evolution of the Global Weather Enterprise from a mainly product focus to a greater services orientation
- World Bank Workshop on the Modernisation of Hydromet Services on Friday 13 April which will concentrate on major funded and planned regional projects worth $500 million
- A prestigious Hosted Buyer Programme will ensure the attendance of the industry's top buyers
- A full programme of workshops will cover key areas, including 'Building Business Resilience to Extreme Weather', and 'Advances in Flood Forecasting'
Conference places are available from SGD 175, while the exhibition and workshops are free to attend. To REGISTER click here.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Business News - Geotech appoints new territory manager for APAC region - DURAG Group acquire AP2E - Eco Expo Asia - Asia’s trusted trade fair for the green industry Gas...
View all digital editions
Sep 24 2018 Chicago, IL, USA
Sep 24 2018 Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Sep 25 2018 Jonkoping, Sweden
Sep 25 2018 Moscow, Russia
Sep 26 2018 Almaty, Kazakhstan